Monday, October 27, 2014

Marc Jacobs The Night Owl 214 Palette and Swatches

I just have some quick swatches for you today. The Night Owl is a new palette from Marc Jacobs that I haven't seen in my local store yet and that has been out of stock online for ages. It has been on my "loves" list for a long time and it was briefly in stock last week showing "a few in stock" only. So I ordered it using my 20% off code that an employee gave me (their new version of Friends & Family, for employees and their friends/family only)--and found it was out of stock the next morning again. I haven't been able to find any swatches or reviews online yet, so I thought I'd show it to you in case you've been wondering about it and want to grab it if it comes back again soon. Rumor has it that the VIB sale is just around the corner as well.

For those that don't know, these Marc Jacob palettes house seven shades are are super slim, sleek compact little things. They come in a nylon sleeve that snaps close if you want to store it away from dust. They retail for $59 currently.

Just an FYI--it was JUST delivered within the hour, so I haven't used it yet and can't speak to its performance. I plan to use a cream shadow or sticky base because I would guess the microglitter would cause fallout otherwise.

Marc Jacobs The Night Owl

The shades are described as "champagne sheen with silver glitter, intense black matte with iridescent glitter, metallic golden bronze, matte creme, mermaid sheen with subtle iridescent shimmer, cocoa matte with rose gold shimmer, rich matte espresso." I don't know if I quite agree with their description of the colors. For example, I wouldn't call the second shade black, but maybe a black brown. I would say the third shade is a burnished gold.

Marc Jacobs The Night Owl swatches
This picture was taken indoors with natural light from a window. I used my finger for swatches, no primer. I just feel like it's such a pretty, unique grouping of colors. I can't wait to play with it and plan to wear it tomorrow! I hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment